EnergyAce offer a comprehensive range of Planned Preventative Maintenance, Reactive Maintenance or Repair of Electrical Switchgear, Distribution Boards, Power Factor Correction Systems, Voltage Management Systems, Electrical Plant and Machinery.
Electrical Switchgear, distribution switchboards and power distribution systems require a degree of regular and continued maintenance for compliance, technical and economic reasons.
Electrical Switchgear should be maintained at a frequency appropriate to the equipment and in line with the manufacturers' instructions and although it is difficult to advise on the exact frequency of maintenance, the following factors should be taken into consideration:
- Type and design of switchgear - Non-oil filled, oil filled, sulphur hexafluoride or vacuum etc
- Environmental conditions - Temperature, vibration, humidity
- Location of Switchgear - Substation, Public area or hazardous area
- Duty & Demand - Frequency of operation and percentage of loading
- Ancillary Systems - Power Factor Correction etc
- Reliability - History of failure, fault operation or occurrences
A user whose activities rely on the trouble free operation of the electrical supply or whose processes are critical may require more frequent maintenance than others who may not be as badly impacted.
In general terms, a visual inspection is recommended within 1 year of installation and additional procedures put in place for planned preventative inspections or maintenance at a suitable frequency.
To help, we recommend maximum periods between inspections should not exceed those detailed below:
- Industrial - 3 years
- Commercial, offices, shops - 5 years
- Educational - 5 years
Buildings Subject to Public Access
- Leisure, Entertainment, Public Areas - 3 years
- Restaurant, Hotels, Pubs - 5 years
- Special Areas
- Swimming Pools, Marinas, Fish Farms - 1 year
- Laundrettes, Petrol Stations - 1 year
- Construction Sites - 3 Months
EnergyAce will advise on compliance and carry out the inspection, test and maintenance on all forms of switchgear systems to limit the likelihood of malfunction, nuisance tripping, ensure compliance and above all ensure safe operation.
EnergyAce have a number of Inspection, test and Maintenance Packages, Thermal Imaging Surveys, Power Surveys and Load Monitoring Services specifically designed to meet the individual needs of each electrical user and site conditions.
Contact us today for expert advice and to discuss your requirements
Let EnergyAce take the pain of compliance away.
- Free Survey & Advice
- Guaranteed Savings
- Remove Reactive Charges
- Protect Appliances
- Reduce Maintenance Cost
- Reduce Max Demand
- Reduce Carbon Emissions
- Flexibility in Design & Build
+44 (0)1695 559785
Please fill in the details above and we'll get back to you
for a Free Survey