PCB Removal and PCB Disposal
We offer a PCB Removal and Disposal Service. You may not know if your capacitors, transformers or switchgear contain illegal and dangerous Polychlorinated Biphenyls contaminated oils, so please read on to ensure you are compliant.
Polychlorinated Biphenyl History
PCB officially known as Polychlorinated Biphenyl was first introduced as an insulating oil and was widely used in the manufacture of capacitors and transformers through the 1950s and most recently in the UK up to 1982.
EnergyAce offer a range of services to safely and legally deal with PCB removal and disposal, including contaminated oils and capacitors from identification, preparation, removal and safe disposal.
Polychlorinated Biphenyl Identification
Identification can be difficult although our experience and detailed knowledge of the many trade names associated with Polychlorinated Biphenyls normally would enable an accurate and true identification.
PCB capacitors were effectively banned at the end of 2002 although as in many cases, isolated finds do still occur which warrant immediate specialist disposal.
There are very stringent legal rules and legislation covering the movement & disposal of PCB which must be adhered to in order to avoid prosecution.
Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCB) Characteristics and Effects:
- PCB is non-biodegradable and permanent in the environment when exposure occurs.
- PCB can be absorbed by the skin, inhaled and can be accidentally consumed via hands.
- PCB causes liver damage, cancer and increases blood fats leading to heart disease.
- PCB can cause a severe rash called Chloracne.
- If involved in fire, PCB creates Polychlorinated dibenzofurans and Polychlorinated dibenzodioxins, both much more deadly than PCB alone and likened to cyanide gas.
- Once identified, the fire service may not enter a building with PCB contamination, instead, they may choose to contain the fire only.
- A PCB fire can cause permanent long-lasting contamination of surroundings leading to a termination of business, litigation and possible death of personnel.
Contact our team today
If you have concerns over your old switchgear, capacitors or insulation oils
- Reduce maintenance cost
- Save up to 20% on energy usage
- Remove hidden penalties from bills
- Make your business more profitable
- Reduce your carbon emissions
+44 (0)1695 559785
To Save Up To
Please fill in the details above and we'll get back to you
for a Free Survey
Subscribe to the LATEST NEWS from EnergyAce
Keep in touch and find out whats going on with EnergyAce by signing up to our newsletter.