Active Harmonic Filtration
Harmonic distortion is a growing concern as management of electrical systems becomes more of an issue through the introduction of Power Electronic Devices, Non-Linear loads such as Variable Speed Drives (VSDs), Thyristor Drives & Inverters to save on energy costs and increase control.
Designers of electrical systems are requested to consider the impact of energy efficiency measures and the effects of availability of electricity from the grid.
The side effects of these measures through the use of non-linear devices would normally be discussed during the design phase although there are occasions during modifications to existing infrastructure and loads or during expansion of existing plant where the effects can be overlooked leading to a number of undesirable effects and HARMONICS
Harmonics are basically currents or voltages other than the sinusoidal 50Hz waveform that circulate around an electrical system creating a distorted waveform.
Harmonics generate many undesirable effects:
- Damage to sensitive electronic equipment
- Increase in energy costs
- Unexplained tripping of devices
- Deterioration of standard capacitor circuits & power factor correction
- Increase RMS currents in the electrical systems
- Distortion of supply voltage & current waveform
- Reduction in power quality
- Stress of electrical plant & machinery
- Increase in operating temperate of cables & switchgear
- Increase in vibration levels
Harmonics can disrupt operations and severely reduce life span of equipment & controllers
Active Harmonic Filters are designed to measure the harmonic effect within the load and react accordingly by injecting the precise amount of current to counteract the effects of harmonic distortion and in some cases displacement PF, or balance load.
The Active Harmonic Filter measures the load current and calculates the harmonic spectrum for every harmonic up to the 50th
- Reduce maintenance cost
- Save up to 20% on energy usage
- Remove hidden penalties from bills
- Make your business more profitable
- Reduce your carbon emissions
+44 (0)1695 559785
To Save Up To
Please fill in the details above and we'll get back to you
for a Free Survey
Subscribe to the LATEST NEWS from EnergyAce
Keep in touch and find out whats going on with EnergyAce by signing up to our newsletter.